Ok, so since I started my blog it's only been a few weeks but I did indeed turn 45 last week making the title of my blog already out of date. Who cares! Well, I suppose I kind of do but not enough to make a title change to my blog quite yet. I've been told (by people who don't have a blog) that I have to blog more often than once every few weeks. I googled it (no, not really) and I see no rules about how often I have to write but I shall try and do this a little more often. After all, it's not like I don't have the time.
So Goggs and I have now lived together for about 6 weeks. Here's what I have figured out thus far:
1) We eat A LOT of spaghetti. Like 2 or 3 times a week.
2) She pretends to not like living with a cat but I've caught her napping with Hobbes not once but twice. As in settling in for a nap and giving him his own blanket.
3) Goggs watches mostly news shows. She even watches Piers Morgan on CNN. Yikes. Sometimes she watches a few minutes of Fox News to get the other point of view. Super Yikes. I watch shows like The Real Housewives of Any City and Law and Order of any kind. We are not TV compatible. At all.
4) Goggs can no longer go grocery shopping at my condo. I thought this would be good for my grocery budget but I was wrong. Instead of stopping by my house to see what she might steal, she actually can monitor my food supply by simply walking into the kitchen. Not good for me at all.
5) Goggs plans, on nights when we are not eating spaghetti, on what she will eat for dinner the moment she wakes up, if not the day before. I choose a dinner item when I realize I am hungry and I wander into the kitchen to see what I have. For me, planning is stopping by the grocery store in advance of cooking dinner.
6) If Goggs finds a penny, whether it's in the parking lot, the store or in my jeans pockets, she rushes to 7-11 and buys a lottery ticket. She just found out that sometimes the lottery has more than one winner and she is angry that she might have to share the 320 million dollars winnings with a complete stranger. I am quite dubious she will ever win so sharing shouldn't make her so upset.
7) Goggs is more excited about the cover for her new iPhone 4s that we bought her for Christmas than she is the new iPhone itself. And now that she has FaceTime, she sometimes FaceTimes me from the living room when I am in my bedroom. And unlike the rest of the world, Siri seems to annoy her.
Enjoy your day folks. I made no New Years resolutions yet have found myself at the gym almost every day in the last two weeks. Happy New Year to all.
Funny! I don't want to share my 320 million dollars either.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I would also love to hear the point of view from Goggs one of these days! Happy Tuesday, Jennifer! Thanks for the smile.
ReplyDelete